Do you want to maximize your beauty and add some serious pizazz to your makeup this Christmas? Want to change the way you use your usual go-to makeup products and emphasize your most beautiful features in creative ways? Look no further than these awesome makeup tips and tricks I've learned over the years from working with makeup. Learn how to rethink the ways you use your typical makeup products. Get ready to be the star of every party this holiday season with these dazzling makeup looks!
Va-Va Boom Come-Hither Lashes
Get unforgettably foxy long eyelashes without falsies
- Curl lashes with an eyelash curler by closing the metal clamp at the roots of lashes. Press gently and release within the second, then press and release again. Repeat action 5 times.
- Take a black thickening mascara that also volumizes such as Dior DiorShow Mascara, and work the mascara onto lashes from the outer corner to inner corner of lashes.
- Starting at the roots, glide mascara wand horizontally in a zig-zag motion going left to right as you move it upward towards the tips if lashes. Repeat and give lashes two additional coats of mascara.
- Dip mascara wand in tube and use the excess mascara collected at the very tip of wand to run it vertically on lashes, from roots to tips. This will thicken lashes, making your fringe look fuller and gorgeous. Add a second coat this way, if desired.
- Comb lashes with a lash comb to keep the lashes from getting clumpy, if necessary.
- Put the mascara wand into tube again and use the excess mascara accumulated at the tip to run it on the very tips of lashes, from the outer corner to inner corner.
- Coat bottom lashes with two coats of mascara, one done with the full width of the wand at a horizontal angle and the other at a vertical angle with the tip of mascara wand.
- Emphasize the doe-eyed look by finishing off with a nude-colored or white eyeliner and running it on the inner rims of the eyes.
Divalicious Funk-EyesStand out from the crowd with daring eyes
- Take a thin liner brush and moisten it with water, tapping the excess water on the back of one hand.
- Run the brush against a shimmery bright shadow in an electric blue, green, or purple hue.
- Line the bottom rims of the eyes with the pop-out color.
- Use the tip of the liner brush to create an angled tip on the outer corner of the eye (Think comma, not parenthesis).
- Let dry and layer on a second coat if necessary.
Look lit up from within with the help of lipstick and shadow
- Pick a bright colored red or pink shade of creamy lipstick and apply a dot of color on the apples of each cheek.
- Smile and notice the apples of cheeks protruding; focus the color on this area.
- Blend color in circles with middle finger.
- Continue blending in an upward and outward motion towards the hairline.
- Take a bit of champagne colored eyeshadow and apply it in an outward motion with the ring finger above the cheekbones and up towards the temples (find it by feeling the bone underneath the eyes and above the cheeks). This will define the cheekbones by capturing the light and illuminating the area with a beautiful glow.
Define eyebrows for sexy eyes that dominate attention
- Take an angled brow brush and lightly press it onto a brown eyeshadow, two shades lighter than the color of your brows.
- Shade in the arch of your brows and tips.
- Focus the color on the sparse areas.
- Add some shadow to the thicker areas of the brows.
- Brush out excess with a clean mascara wand, if necessary.
Irresistably Kissable Lips
Subtly defined, fuller-looking lips
- Prep lips by exfoliating with brown sugar and virgin coconut oil for 60 seconds.
- Wipe off sugar scrub with a clean towel or washcloth.
- Dot concealer above the cupid's bow and blend. Doing this will create the illusion of fullness on lips.
- Apply a tinted lip balm or lip tint in a bright pink or red shade onto lips.
- Take a nude lip liner and apply it over the cupid's bow, defining the arch. Doing this over the lip color will create a subtle definition that looks natural.
- Finish the look with a rosy lip gloss lightly applied to the lips, adding more gloss to the center of the bottom lip to accentuate fullness.